Tag Archives: stone care
- have your natural stone treated with an appropriate sealant before use.
- wipe up spills as quickly as possible to avoid damage and staining.
- use trivets or mats under hot dishes and cookware.
- use a cutting board to avoid scratching the surface.
- place a small rug or mat at entrances to trap dirt and sand from normal foot traffic.
- sweep up sand and dirt daily to prevent scratching.
- use coasters under glasses especially if they contain citrus or acidic fluids.
- use neutral PH Cleaning agents to maintain and protect your stone surfaces. See list of recommended products.
- call us for a technical evaluation if you require assistance.
- have stains and scratches professionally removed soon after they become noticeable.
- use a squeegee on shower interiors after every use to prevent staining, mildew and calcium build-up.
- wait to clean up spills.
- try to remove stains with vinegar, ammonia or other abrasive household cleaners.
- hire an amateur to install natural stone floors. A poor installation can result in an expensive and time-consuming restoration where excess lippage must be removed through extensive grinding.
- leave cosmetic containers on top of granite or marble vanities, since prolonged exposure to moisture can damage the finish.
Recommended Cleaning Products:
See product page.